- Deliver above and beyond guest experiences through the execution of high-quality and delicious food, while highlighting genuine and thoughtful hospitality.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Assists in leadership of Cooks and promote understanding of importance of each station and the need to work cohesively for successful meal services.
- Ensure station is prepared and mise en place is complete before meal service.
- Accept and perform additional tasks as required for optimal performance of the restaurant.
- Actively represent and promote Pearle Hospitality’s core values within the workplace.
- Act as a Pearle Hospitality ambassador.
- Follow company policies and procedures as defined and outlined by Pearle Hospitality.
- Follow all Health and Safety standards to ensure a safe work environment for all guests and team members.
- Adhere to all cleanliness and sanitization practices.
- Maintain professional appearance and act with integrity and honesty.
What we would like you to bring to the position:
- 3+ years experience in professional kitchen setting within a fast-paced restaurant/venue setting – Sous Chef experience an asset.
- Food Handler Certification
- WHMIS Certification
- Communication: Listen attentively to Executive Chef and Sous Chef and able to effectively relay expectations to Cooks and other team members. Follow direction to accommodate dietary restrictions, allergies and/or special requests of guests.
- Adaptability: Ability to remain poised and professional in a fast-paced environment and positively interact with a variety of diverse guests and team members.
- Quality Control: Able to consistently produce dishes that are properly plated, correct temperature, and portioned correctly. Remain mindful of inventory and rotate par levels for freshness of food.
- Training and Development: Assist in training sessions for new staff. Ownership in personal training and development – willingness and interest in growing knowledge base.
Why join the Pearle Hospitality team:
- Competitive wages
- Discounts at all Pearle Hospitality restaurants, hotels and spas
- Training and Development
- Growth opportunities
- Amazing team and company culture!