The Maître D is responsible for the effective management and successful execution of Weddings and Special Events at Ancaster Mill. This is accomplished by delivering genuine and thoughtful hospitality to our guests, while motivating and leading their team to do the same. Organization and attention to detail regarding room setup, décor, event timeline and food service are imperative. The Maitre D, while being confident and assertive, must also possess the ability to be flexible and remain calm under pressure – understanding that guest experience is of utmost importance.
This position requires late night, weekend and holiday work.
Competitive Hourly Wage- $18-22
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares by reviewing upcoming contracts
- Communicates effectively with kitchen and events manager throughout the event
- Effective delegation of staff duties/assignments
- Review event timeline and décor with day-of contact
- Review chapel, cocktail and reception room setup with Wedding Concierge and Event Manager
- Conduct kitchen and staff briefings
- Confirm bar setup and service
- Ensure staff adherence to company uniform standards
- Accurate recording and submission of order tally – including particular attention to allergies and dietary restrictions
- Seamless execution of food service through ongoing communication with kitchen and event host/MC/co-ordinator
- Conduct quality checks with event hosts
- Monitor staff adherence to ongoing table maintenance and room cleanliness
- Ownership of property cleanliness and organization
- Preparation and collection for next event
- Assist client with teardown and removal of décor
- Effective and timely shutdown of event space
- Holds event staff accountable to Pearle’s Standards related to service, appearance, etc
- Completion of event summaries at the conclusion of all events
As part of the Pearle Hospitality family, Ancaster Mill team members enjoy dining and accommodation benefits, staff appreciation draws with awesome prizes, Pearle Rewards, delicious staff meals and more! We are a company where employees can join a new and growing team with the opportunity to learn and cultivate a wide range of skills.