Hotel Pearle is a Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel, designed by the internationally acclaimed Studio Munge and soon to open on Burlington’s waterfront. This stunning property includes 150 luxurious hotel rooms, a contemporary restaurant, quick serve food outlet, full service luxury spa and private event spaces accommodating up to 450 guests. Owned and operated by Pearle Hospitality, this highly anticipated venture will set a new standard in cuisine, design, and service. We are currently seeking an outstanding candidate passionate about amazing food prepared with quality ingredients to fill the role of Executive Chef.
As a part of the growing Pearle Hospitality family, The Pearle Hotel's team members will work with and learn from leaders in the Hospitality industry. The Executive Chef will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; plan and price menus; ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen. The Executive Chef may cook selected items or for select occasions. The Executive Chef may oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques. The Executive Chef directly supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skilful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with Front of House team to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests.
- In conjunction with the management team, assists in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service line-ups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome guests.
- Supports safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department.
- Provide, develop, train and maintain a professional work force.
- Ensures all services to guests are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensures a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behaviour.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Progressive experience and international exposure are both assets to this position.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; a 2 year culinary diploma; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.