Harvest, Sales and Processing Manager
Earth to Table: The Farm is a culinary-focused, small-scale organic farm, currently seeking a Harvest Manager with a passion for ecological farming and food. This Farm is part of the Pearle Hospitality family and there are many opportunities to grow with the position as the farm expands. Competitive starting wage and great employee perks.
Starting June, running until October, with winter employment as an option.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Take inventory of Field with Field manager weekly and Predict Harvest Totals for each incoming crop for the next week.
- Fill in fresh sheet and send to chefs for upcoming week
- Review Incoming orders and organize weeks harvest plan accordingly.
- Delegate harvest tasks to employees based on skill sets
- Harvest crops in all weather.
- Train on appropriate harvest, processing and packing techniques when needed
- Lead Processing and Packing 2-3 days a week in processing shed
- Sort and grade produce appropriately, based on restaurant standards.
- Sell any extra available produce to chefs over text and phone
- Keep chefs, operations manager and field manager up to date on quality coming in and going out of shed.
- Fill in invoices and coordinate delivery with drivers
- Help in the field with other field tasks when needed.
- Keep the packing and processing shed organized and clean
- Keep track of harvest, processing and packing tools and materials.
- Order and restock tools and materials when needed.
- Keep health and safety as well as food safety standards as a priority every day.
- Constantly be seeking better and more efficient systems of harvest and processing to be able to offer the best product in the least time. Document these systems.
- Encourage your teammates to work quickly, safely and effectively while keeping an open heart to the fact everybody’s “best” differs day to day.
- Always strive to help your team accomplish their personal best and have some fun while you’re at it! The days are long, a good sense of humor goes a long way.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs when needed, 30lbs comfortably.
- Stand and bend over comfortably for long hours and work long days during peak season.
- Comfortable harvesting in the field in any weather.
- Communicative, highly organized, respectful, confident and positive attitude are musts.
- Ecological Farm experience a definite asset.
- 1+ year experience in management
- Any experience with food systems and communication about food is considered an asset
- We are willing to train the right candidate.
Please send a resume and cover letter for consideration by April 30th 2019