The Pearle Hotel is a Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel, designed by the internationally acclaimed Studio Munge and soon to open on Burlington’s waterfront. This stunning property includes 150 luxurious hotel rooms, a contemporary restaurant, quick serve food outlet, full service luxury spa and private event spaces accommodating up to 450 guests. Owned and operated by Pearle Hospitality, this highly anticipated venture will set a new standard in cuisine, design, and service. We are currently seeking an outstanding candidate with luxury hotel experience to fill the role of General Manger.
The General Manager functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including; guest & team member satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, marketing, sales and revenue generation. The individual in this role is intrinsically motivated and exhibits a positive optimism, working diligently to create and maintain a genuine and thoughtful culture and a healthy work environment.
To achieve the vision and organizational objectives of The Pearle Hotel, the General Manager will build, mentor and inspire a high-performance, cohesive leadership team, committing themselves and others to continuous professional development. The General Manager will ensure a high level of employee engagement and reinforce consistent standards of service while continually raising the bar to deliver the very best guest experiences. The individual in this position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and guests, representing Pearle Hospitality’s values in all leadership actions.
Reporting to, and in partnership with, Pearle’s CEO and COO, the General Manager understands all aspects of operating a luxury hotel and applies their knowledge and experience to develop effective strategies and deliver on revenue forecasts and budgets for every department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manage multiple departments including sales, spa, housekeeping, front office, BOH, FOH, events, and maintenance, ensuring regular and timely communication and coordination
- Foster an environment of open communication by spending time with team members on the front lines, promoting an open door policy by making self available, and celebrate successes in a public way
- Reviews & analyses business related data such as; market share, financial performance, inventory, and customer satisfaction to proactively address changing market conditions, achieve profit margin goals, and ensure property operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Reviews the STAR report, competitive shopping reports and using other resources to maintain an awareness of the property’s market position.
- Work and communicate regularly with the Marriott team to ensure the brand is well-represented and Marriott members are pleased with the quality and service of the hotel and other facilities.
- Execute business plans designed to maximize guest satisfaction, profitability, and market share while also experimenting with new ideas and taking calculated risks to improve guest satisfaction and profitability
- Work with sales, marketing and front office teams to develop effective pricing strategies, balancing seasonality, economy, customer segments, property objectives and guest satisfaction to establish a revenue strategy that supports Pearle’s brand positioning in local market
- Deliver on financial and service performance of the property and keep fully informed of cover counts, occupancy levels, average checks, year over year comparisons to be able to adapt quickly to changing trends/ business environment
- Set and achieve annual budgets
- Engage in, and develop positive relationships with Condominium owners, assisting when required
Education and Experience
- Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel Management, or related major
- 8 years experience in the management, operations, sales and marketing, finance and accounting, or related professional area.
- 3 years experience working for a luxury hotel/hospitality brand, preferably in a leadership role
- Proven capability of developing senior members of a leadership team
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
- General Manager experience in luxury, full service property.
- Property industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to access and accurately input information via Fidelio (Opera, Micros)
- Expert level Revenue Management
- Thorough understanding of hotel sales cycle and ability to leverage hotel’s CRM