The Front Office Supervisor at Elora Mill Hotel & Spa is warm, friendly and inviting, providing each guest visiting the property with personalized and exceptional service at every given opportunity. A genuine and thoughtful leader, the individual in this role is responsible for ensuring the operational success of the Front Office team- providing guidance and coaching to Guest Service Agents, Bellmen and Valets. The Front Office Manager is actively aware of local events and develops relationships and new contacts within the community- sharing these details with guests to enhance their stay in the area. An excellent communicator in person, via email and over the telephone, the Front Office Manager collaborates effectively with all other departments and thrives on setting the stage for positive and lasting first impressions.
- Provides personalized and exceptional guest service at every given opportunity.
- Ensures proper scheduling of front office to ensure exceptional service; guest service agents, bellmen, valets and shuttle drivers.
- Performs full cycle recruitment for front office team members- interviewing, hiring, training, motivating, and providing regular feedback on performance as required.
- Ensures that Team Members are aware of, and follow all standards and procedures.
- Monitors costs and revenues on a daily basis, making adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinates guest’s requirements while staying at the hotel including the arranging of local activities that the guests may require.
- Keeps aware of local events- liaises with the community- develops relationships & builds new contacts.
- Acquires and keeps up-to-date information about Elora and the surrounding area.
- Provides guests with information and reservations whenever requested.
- Regularly attends management meetings.
- Assists the front office team members and other departments as required.
- Replenishes daily floats to maintain levels.
- Reports occupancy weekly and monthly.
- Forecasts reports for the hotel.
- Filling Duty Manager shifts when required.
- Minimum three years hospitality management experience, fine hotel experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills & familiarity with cash receipts, cash floats, balancing end of shifts, and budgeting
- Basic accounting principles an asset.
- Sales oriented personality & previous up-selling and/or sales experience is considered an asset.
- Member of Les Clefs D’Or - Golden keys Canadian Chapter (Concierge elite group) an asset.
- Strong leadership skills & demonstrated ability to effectively manage Team Members.
- Professional appearance and carriage, positive and proactive attitude, and demonstrates the following qualities; flexibility, dependability, and highly team and service oriented.
- Superior communication skills both written and oral.
- Desire to meet goals.
- Ethical and honest
Job Type: Full-time