The Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) has direct oversight of the sales strategy and sales operation of our new venture- a Marriott Autograph Collection hotel with 150 rooms. The DOSM has a primary responsibility to maximize profit, achieved by effectively leading direct sales efforts to reach revenue goals; oversight of revenue management tactics; and execution of marketing plan.
In addition to the Sales Department, the DOSM oversees all marketing activities for the hotel with the support of teams including sales, revenue management, catering, social media, marketing, reservations, advertising, and public relations and ensures that all activities and bookings are focused on driving revenue and meeting property objectives.
The individual in this position is actively involved in the local community; promoting brand awareness, building strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and guests, and representing Pearle Hospitality’s values in all leadership actions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate, and be an example of, Pearle’s core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day-to-day execution of duties while exhibiting a positive optimism and upbeat personality
- Stay abreast of current trends in Sales, Marketing, Hospitality, Food and Drink; share knowledge with fellow management, team members and guests
- Commit to continuous development of skills and knowledge and take initiative toward accomplishing personal and professional goals
- Actively support the hiring process in the sales and marketing departments; create succession plans, identify resource needs, ensure effective teamwork to maximize individual & property performance.
- Create and mentor a high performance sales team; lead by example, share best practices, provide fair and consistent feedback to develop team members while holding them accountable for performance
- Support employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilize differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results
- Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; model flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicate the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment
- Participate in performance management: ensure performance reviews are done in compliance with Pearle Hospitality’s policy and in a timely manner; follow progressive discipline guidelines, have feedback conversations even when difficult
- Foster an environment of open communication by spending time with team members on the front lines, promoting an open door policy by making self available, celebrate successes in a public way, and closely monitor employment engagement
- Perform as the driver of all revenue & ensure quarterly and annual revenue goals are achieved for the hotel
- Complete market research and analysis for the hotel’s strategic planning sessions and assist in the production of the hotel’s annual business plan.
- Execute business plans designed to maximize guest satisfaction, profitability, and market share while also experimenting with new ideas and taking calculated risks to improve guest satisfaction and profitability
- Ensure the Hotel is involved with and well represented for all brand revenue management initiatives
- Work with sales, marketing and front office teams to develop effective pricing strategies, balancing seasonality, economy, customer segments, property objectives and guest satisfaction to establish a revenue strategy that supports Pearle’s brand positioning in local market
- Relentlessly pursue the importance of “image “, “attention to detail” and “pride of ownership” to best represent the Pearle Hospitality Brand, its Vision, Mission and core values
- Develop and maintain mutually rewarding relationships with Marriot Sales & Marketing teams
- Understand the importance of providing consistent standards of service & ensure the standards are followed by the entire team, while continually raising the bar to provide the very best client experience
- Develop and Implement a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service
- Execute genuine & thoughtful service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty; assist the customer and monitor their satisfaction before, during, and after their program/event.
- Put guests’ needs first by understanding their requirements and recommending the appropriate features and services to exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Manage communication, scheduling and coordination between internal teams and external contractors; clients, guests, and members of the community
- Ensure required reports are submitted to the GM, Marriot & Corporate Office in a timely manner
- Be self-motivated and directed; effectively manage time and prioritize tasks for organizational efficiency while supporting fellow managers in doing the same
- Bachelor’s Degree / Higher Education Qualification. Preference for candidates with a concentration in Business, Sales, Marketing, or Hospitality
- Minimum 5 Years Experience is a Lead Sales role, preferably for a luxury hotel brand
- 3-5 Years of Marketing experience
- Experience leading and managing dynamic teams
- Demonstrated progressive career growth
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Thorough knowledge of, and ability to maximize, social media channels
- Knowledge of Opera and/or Micros a definite asset.