Founded by the Ciancone family in 1936, Pearle Hospitality prides itself on providing guests with genuine and thoughtful experiences created through extraordinary cuisine, gracious service, inspiring settings and a passion for delivering memorable moments.
The individual in this sales role consistently adheres to Pearle standards for client relationships and service, creating an environment of trust and delivering incredible client experiences. Guest focused, with a strong emphasis on event details to ensure flawless execution, the Special Event Consultant works tirelessly to increase event sales and promote return business. Motivated by goal attainment and team success, the Special Event Consultant develops new strategies and strives to increase corporate loyalty as well as other event opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meets and exceeds individual sales targets and the team’s profitability goals while holding self, and others, accountable for achieving results
- Participates in the budgeting process to establish goals within the sales department
- Expertly & enthusiastically conducts first visit appointments with potential clients and consistently prepares an appropriate sales strategy for each first appointment.
- Skillfully adapts style based on guest tone, personality, budget, culture, etc to achieve 1st appointment success.
- Maximizes revenue by up-selling contracted products and identifying additional revenue opportunities based on the event profile and guest budgets
- Identifies operational challenges and works to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions
- Provides feedback from clients, both positive and constructive, for the purpose of consistently improving offerings and service levels for all events
- Effectively and accurately maintains client files and event details, keeps strict confidentiality of all business dealings and clients’ personal information
- Coordinates and communicates with clients, verbally and in writing, regarding event details
- Makes hand-off to the operations team a top priority at Tastings, Rehearsal, Day of Event.
- Consistently follows up with clients post event and communicates feedback to the appropriate departments
- Responds effectively to rectify guest concerns and handles complaints to ensure positive guest recovery- Informs the necessary departments to solidify guest satisfaction
- Is a champion of Pearle culture, representing genuine & thoughtful hospitality in all interactions
- Pursues the importance of “image “, “attention to detail” and “pride of ownership” to best represent the Pearle Hospitality Brand
- Seeks creative ways to improve service levels within all aspects of the position, understanding that complacency is never an option.
- Always acts with integrity and honesty, takes responsibility for decisions and actions
- Shares knowledge, innovations, and best practices with others while willingly learning from others.
- Demonstrates a commitment to further develop skills and knowledge and takes initiative to accomplish personal and professional development goals
- Willingly accepts additional tasks outside of job description, cooperates to accomplish organizational goals and seeks opportunities to kindly assist others in completing tasks
- O. S. S. D.
- Post-secondary education, an asset
- Smart Serve Certified
- Minimum 3 Years Experience in a Hospitality Sales role
- Hotel experience is preferred
- Strong food and beverage knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of Opera, Micros and OpenTable is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Exceptional sales and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks as necessary
- Well-developed organization and time management skills
- Polished customer development and relationship management skills required
- A keen eye for detail
- Working Conditions
Work environment – Work is office based
Physical effort – Occasionally assist with moving client décor up to 30 pounds
Hours – Flexible schedule
Pearle Hospitality offers numerous employment benefits including dining, spa, and accommodation discounts; growth and development opportunities; Pearle Rewards program and more! We offer competitive wages along with a fun, caring and supportive work environment.
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including The Pearle Hotel & Spa, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.