Founded by the Ciancone family in 1936, Pearle Hospitality prides itself on providing guests with genuine and thoughtful experiences created through extraordinary cuisine, gracious service, inspiring settings and a passion for delivering memorable moments.
The Special Event Coordinator plays a key role in the organization and execution of all private events. The coordinator manages and completes day-to-day tasks in the Events Office and acts as a liaison between the Sales Consultants, our clients and other members of the Events team. The coordinator makes certain that information regarding each event is gathered accurately and shared effectively to ensure the smooth delivery of services. This individual is often the first point of contact for our potential clients and provides a warm, welcoming and professional atmosphere.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the Special Events Office in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring you are welcoming, accommodating and helpful to all guests and fellow team members
- Effectively manage the front desk of the Special Event Office, including;
- Answering all incoming phone & email inquiries in a polite and timely manner
- Booking restaurant reservations and answering special menu inquiries for large parties
- Greeting visitors to the office and directing them appropriately as required
- Maintain the appearance of the Special Event office and Bridal Suites
- Efficiently and accurately utilize Micros, Opera and OpenTable software programs
- Secure appointment times for clients to meet with Special Event Consultants and maintain the event office calendar
- Greet clients at their first visit appointments and gather contact and basic event information prior to their meeting with the Special Event Consultant
- Create Proposals for clients using Opera and provide them with digital or hard copy
- Build definite event files and complete the file checklist once a deposit has been received to secure a booking
- Meticulously update event files as necessary with décor information, timing, vendor information, menu selections & special requests
- Process deposits, payments and final payments for the events, ensuring all appropriate steps are followed and all relevant paperwork is filed and send to the accounting department
- Create, proof read, and receive approval for all special event menus prior to printing and providing them to the events team
- Email reminders to clients for important appointments and confirm dates with them for their Menu Tasting, Rehearsal, Final Details appointment
- Confirm House DJ’s, Shuttles & Ceremony Officiant for clients as requested
- Order all office supplies for the events office and management team
- Use Microsoft Office Suite as required to create correspondence, signage, menus, spreadsheets, etc.
- Communicate details of each event to FOH and BOH team members by providing copies of the most up to date BEO’s 10 days prior to the event date. Update BEO’s if new information becomes available leading up to the event date.
- Demonstrate Pearle’s values by providing genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day to day execution of duties
- Maintain positive relationships within the team unit as well as with those outside of it, work together with others toward the common goal of success across the property
- Willingly accept additional tasks as required for the effective functioning of the work unit
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy for all individuals encountered on the job- management, fellow team members, guests
- Arrive to work promptly and well presented and professional in appearance
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Smart Serve Certified
- Experience in Hospitality and/or Event Planning an asset
- Hotel experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Opera, Micros and OpenTable is advantageous
- Highly motivated with exceptional customer service skills
- Very well-organized with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks
- Experience with multi-line phone systems an asset
- Work environment – Work is office based
- Physical effort – Occasionally assist with moving client décor up to 30 pounds
- Hours – Flexible schedule with availability to work afternoons, evenings and weekends
Pearle Hospitality offers numerous employment benefits including dining, spa, and accommodation discounts; growth and development opportunities; Pearle Rewards program and more! We offer competitive wages along with a fun, caring and supportive work environment.
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including The Pearle Hotel & Spa, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.