Join our amazing Elora Mill team and work in a beautiful environment, surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature. Share your passion for spectacular cocktails and delicious food. Create incredible guest experiences in our historic restaurant with stunning views from every window.
The Restaurant Server is a key member of Elora Mill's Front of House Team.
The Server has excellent knowledge of the menu to serve guests with confidence and the ability to answer questions and recommend selections. They work closely with all other front and back of house teams to ensure the efficient operation of the restaurant, and to provide an extraordinary guest experience. The Restaurant Server is organized and efficient, anticipating and staying on top of the needs of the their guests while remaining poised at all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embody a great service culture, and create a high level of service standards and excellence.
- Prepares room for dining by setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps guests select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording the guests choices; identifying our guests special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional guest requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses.
- Being alert and conscientious to our guests and their needs, and working to accommodate any requests to ensure a 5 star experience.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting guests to return.
- Obtains revenues by totalling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to host person; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- 2-5 years serving experience in a fine dining establishment
- Excellent knowledge of food and beverage
- Enthusiastic about the food scene and aware of current trends
- Skilled with wine service
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Relevant training certificates an asset
- Company events & social hours
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Flexible working hours