Join Pearle Hospitality- a dynamic and growing organization- as Restaurant Manger at their stunning Cambridge Mill property on the banks of the Grand River in downtown Galt.
The Restaurant Manager works directly with the entire Cambridge Mill Restaurant team, and leads by example to ensure that all daily operations are being executed to Pearle Hospitality’s high service standards, while offering a genuine and thoughtful guest experience.
The Restaurant Manager is actively involved in food and beverage service, operations, training and inventory, with a strong focus on the overall development of service standards, employees and team building.
Organized and driven, the ideal candidate for this role is passionate about great food, authentic hospitality, and being part of a team that is committed to excellence.
- Communicate, and be an example of, Pearle’s core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day-to-day execution of duties.
- Champion Pearle culture by ensuring high level of staff engagement and continual reinforcement of mission and core values
- Demonstrate a commitment to further develop skills and knowledge and take initiative toward accomplishing personal and professional development goals
- Act as a mentor to service staff: embody a great service culture, and create a high level of service standards and excellence.
- Work directly with the front of house teams (hosts, servers, and support staff) to ensure overall team organization, development and adherence to standards
- Contribute feedback to and conduct employee evaluations/performance reviews
- Provide orientation for new staff and assist in creating training schedules and programs
- Work alongside GM in managing shifts, daily decision-making, scheduling, and planning, all the while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Assist in the overall inventory management of product, small wares, glassware, marketing collateral, etc.
- Keep abreast of current trends in Hospitality, Food and Drink; share knowledge with management, staff and guests
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Oversee restaurant maintenance and upkeep
- Ensure all systems, equipment and building infrastructure is in good working order and properly maintained to minimize repairs/expense and maximize life expectancy.
- Ensure proper control systems are in place and enforce procedures to protect all assets
- Ensure facilities are code compliant with all government regulations and all Pearle Policies with respect to Health & Safety are effectively enforced.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to ensure organizational efficiency
- Minimum 5 years experience in an upscale dining food and beverage setting
- Min 3 years restaurant management experience
- Good Understanding of Wine and Food
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work within a flexible schedule
- Experience with Micros and/or Opera software an asset
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Discounted/free food
- Company events & social hours
- Flexible working hours
$55,000-70,000 per year