The Pearle Hospitality delivery truck driver is reliable and responsible. This individual balances priorities on a daily basis, ensuring efficiency and road safety at all times. A skilled DZ driver, with excellent knowledge of the area, the driver effectively delivers product to each Pearle property in a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibits a positive optimism and upbeat personality toward guests, fellow team members, vendors, professionals and business partners
- Always acts with integrity and honesty, takes responsibility for decisions and actions
- Develops personal ability to convert feedback into real changes in behaviour
- Willingly accepts additional tasks as required for the effective functioning of the work unit.
- Demonstrates respect & courtesy for all individuals encountered on the job- managers, fellow team members, guests, and business partners/professionals
- Conducts self in a professional and courteous manner, is always helpful and informative when guests, vendors, or other team members require assistance.
- Pursues the importance of “image, “attention to detail” and “pride of ownership” to best represent the Pearle Hospitality Brand
- Safely operates the Pearle Truck and Shuttles, driving defensively and with focus to avoid mishaps or accidents
- Demonstrates ability to use good judgement and make quick decisions when faced with unforeseen circumstances such as traffic, scheduling conflicts, late or difficult guests, etc.
- Skilfully builds skids, making the most of time available and maximizing space in the truck
- Efficiently organizes all skids according to product (liquor, produce, meat) and order of delivery
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency while remaining poised during peak periods; seeks out additional tasks during slower periods
- Picks up and delivers materials from suppliers and between Pearle properties checking paperwork for accuracy and shipping instructions
- Adheres to vehicle maintenance schedule, arranging for service and/or repairs when required
- Arrives to work promptly and prepared with all necessary tools for the job
- Prepares the truck or shuttle by ensuring it is fuelled, conducting a walk around to inspect the exterior and surroundings, making note of anything out of the ordinary
- Spot cleans the shuttle as required and ensures the exterior is always washed and clean before picking up guests
- Accurately maintains log book, recording daily entries with all relevant information.
- Effectively manages time and creates schedule to ensure maximum efficiency and organization
- A valid Ontario driver's license with Z endorsement and clean driver's abstract
- Must be physically fit and able to lift at least 50lbs
- Familiarity with roads between Hamilton, KW, Toronto a definite asset
- Flexible Schedule and Availability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $28.00 /hour