The Server is the centre of the Restaurant team. Acting as the Host for the guests' experience, they are responsible for organizing their section, assisting guests with wine and food selections, taking orders, and overall table maintenance. They work closely with all other front and back of house teams to ensure the efficient operation of the restaurant, and to provide an extraordinary guest experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibit a positive optimism and upbeat personality toward guests, fellow team members, vendors, professionals, the executive and business partners
- Demonstrate a commitment to further develop skills and knowledge
- Willingly accept additional tasks as required for the effective functioning of the work unit
- Graciously assist others to complete the job
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy for all individuals encountered on the job- management, fellow team members, guests
- Assist guests in selecting food and beverages; offer cocktails and aperitifs; suggest courses; explain the chef's specialties; identify appropriate wines; answer food preparation questions.
- Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording the guests choices; identifying our guests special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keep kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Respond to additional guest requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
- Communicate and be an example of Pearle’s core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day-to-day execution of duties.
- Embody a great service culture, and create a high level of service standards and excellence.
- Make consistent efforts to identify repeat guests and customize their dining experience based on their preferences
- Be alert and conscientious to our guests and their needs, and work to accommodate any requests to ensure a 5 star experience.
- 3-5 year's experience in an upscale restaurant environment
- in depth knowledge of, and passion for, Food & Beverage
- WSET an asset
- well organized with great time management skills
- work for a growing organization with an incredible culture and many opportunities for growth and development
- come to work every day in a beautiful environment surrounded by nature
- surround yourself with like-minded, talented service professionals and amazing chefs