The Night Auditor checks front office accounting records for accuracy; summarizes and compiles information daily for hotel's financial records. Tracks room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day. Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts including guest transactions not posted during the day by front office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily income audit, flash reports, summarized, consolidated financial reports.
- Completes Bucket check to verify guest room rate per signed registration card and ensure accurate revenue segment is posted in OPERA.
- Post all non-integrated charges to guest folio.
- Prepares balancing reports as required.
- Prepares/process no show’s reports.
- Counts & Secures all cash on hand. Send cash reports to head office.
- Investigate any discrepancy out of balance situations and makes adjustment as required.
- Progresses end of day accurately.
- Balances/processes all Interdepartmental postings, restaurant/spa bills, Direct Billing vouchers etc.
- Programming of wakeup calls.
- Prepares Cash Sheet file for all day’s activity for upload to AccPac. This includes revenue balancing, cash balancing, (due backs).
- Prepares detail break down for all Accounts Receivables.
- Prepares, balances and updates Events Spread Sheet
Front Office /Customer Service:
- Provides customer service beyond expectations.
- Sells and upgrade walk in guest.
- Full understanding of check in, check out procedures.
- Prepares guest arrivals lists and key for next day.
- Prints and files all reservations.
- Book reservations as required.
- Safe guards all property assets.
- Diplomatically handles for customer complaints.
- Assist Duty Manager as required.
• Education: High school graduate or equivalent but preferably degree-level qualification in relevant subject. High level of English required in all areas (verbal, read and written).
• Experience: Minimum 2 years of hotel Front Desk experience, and at least 12 months Night Audit experience ideally for a large established hotel group. High level of understanding and experience of Micros, Opera, Microsoft Excel and Word – this is essential for the role
• Previous demonstrated experience: Handling cash, accounting procedures and general administrative tasks.
Two weeks of training will be provided in Head Office in Ancaster.
One week training on site.