As proprietors of Ancaster Mill, Cambridge Mill, Elora Mill Hotel & Spa, Spencer’s at the Waterfront, Whistle Bear Golf Club, Earth to Table: Bread Bar and Earth to Table: The Farm; Pearle Hospitality is a leader in Southern Ontario’s Hospitality industry and provides a dynamic, positive work environment!
Pearle Hospitality has an immediate opening for an Accounting Assistant to join our accounting team on a permanent, full-time basis.
Reporting to the Controller, the candidate will be responsible and accountable for cash verification, preparation and reconciliation of daily cash sheets for multiple locations.
The ideal candidate successfully balances a team focus with the ability to work independently on various tasks within deadlines. Being a solution provider, the candidate will use analytical skills and detail orientation to quickly solve problems and communicate with the accounting team.
- Communicate, and be an example of, Pearle’s core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day-to-day execution of duties.
- Arrive to work promptly and well presented with all necessary tools for the job
- Exhibit a positive optimism and upbeat personality toward fellow management, team members, vendors, professionals, business partners and guests
- Demonstrate a commitment to further develop skills and knowledge and take initiative toward accomplishing personal and professional development goals
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Preparation of daily cash sheets in Excel format
- Reconcile and verify cash reported
- Accurately prepare bank deposits
- Prepare cash disbursements
- Utilize your initiative to document, reconcile and problem solve cash discrepancies
- Retrieve revenue data and other analytics from web based POS reporting system
- Prepare ad hoc reports and complete sundry duties as required by the Controller
- Be detail oriented and adaptable consistently
- Experience in cash management/counting is required
- Experience/education in basic accounting principles is required
- Intermediate skill level in Excel, experienced in MS Office suite preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and possess strong time management skills
- Familiarity with accounting software is an asset
- Experience with Point of Sale system is an asset, Micros preferred
- Experience working in hospitality, food and beverage is an asset
What this position offers:
- competitive salary
- benefit plan
- flexible vacation
- consistent hours and schedule
- positive work environment
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
We would like to thank everyone who applies for this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.