Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning and budget management functions and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Possessing excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to fluently interpret and switch between business strategies and finance details; excellent people management skills; ability to mentor and develop others, willing to confront performance issues honestly and constructively, maintain an open-door, approachable demeanor. They will have strong analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills; the ability to lead projects from concept to completion; exercise sound judgment to identify and resolve problems; demonstrated ability to explain complicated financial systems in simple language and strong computer experience including Excel and accounting databases.
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives
- Serve as primary liaison relative to financial issues
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in a senior level finance or accounting position
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of Micros POS and Opera Property Management Systems preferred
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects