The Event Server is a key member of the Events Team. Event Servers are responsible for accommodating all guests at the function while circulating the room. Anticipating the needs of our guests and responding politely to their requests. The Event Server will assist guests by refilling their water glasses, offering coffee/tea, refilling wine glasses, and serving their meals and clearing everything in a timely manner. They work closely with all the other Events Staff to other to ensure the efficient operation of the event, and to provide an extraordinary guest experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate and be an example of Ancaster Mill's core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day-to-day execution of duties.
- Embody a great service culture, and create a high level of service standards and excellence.
- Relentlessly pursue the importance of “image “, “attention to detail” and “pride of ownership” to best represent the Pearle Hospitality Brand.
- Set up event/ wedding space as per instructions of the Event Manager
- Prepare rooms in terms of adjusting lights and setting appropriate temperature
- Ensure that all décor has been set up in accordance to the instructions by the Maître D
- Make sure that tables are set with all appropriate linen, dishware and flatware
- Fill glasses with water before guests arrive and refill them during the course of the event
- Greet guests in a cordial manner as they arrive
- Offer welcome drinks and ask guests if they need any additional items
- Carry food trays to the tables
- Ensure that food is replenished in a quick manner
- Deliver beverages as per guests’ instructions
- Anticipate guests’ needs continually and fulfill them appropriately
- Clear dishes and flatware once the event has ended
- Clean premises along with stripping table cloths and napkins
- Take down decorations as instructed