Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Director of Culinary about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skilful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with Front of House team to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests.
- In conjunction with the management team, assists in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service line-ups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome guests.
- Supports safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline all employees in the department.
- Provide, develop, train and maintain a professional work force.
- Ensures all services to guests are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensures a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behaviour.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.