The Dining Room Server is a key member of the Front of House Team, acting as a host they are responsible for organizing their section, assisting guests with wine and food selections, taking orders, and overall table maintenance. They work closely with all other front and back of house teams to ensure the efficient operation of the restaurant, and to provide an extraordinary guest experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate and be an example of Cambridge Mill core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day-to-day execution of duties.
- Embody a great service culture, and create a high level of service standards and excellence.
- Relentlessly pursue the importance of “image “, “attention to detail” and “pride of ownership” to best represent the Pearle Hospitality Brand.
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps guests select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording the guests choices; identifying our guests special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional guest requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses.
- Being alert and conscientious to our guests and their needs, and working to accommodate any requests to ensure a 5 star experience.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting guests to return.
- Obtains revenues by totalling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to host person; returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a dining room server role
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Full Weekend Availability
- Smart Serve Certification