Great entry level position for recent graduates of an Event Management Program or Hospitality/Tourism Management Program, and for anyone looking to enter into the event planning field.
The Office Administrator/ Event Coordinator manages and completes day-to-day tasks in the Events Office and acts as a liaison between the Sales Consultants, our clients and other members of the Events team. The coordinator makes certain that information regarding each event is gathered accurately and shared effectively to ensure the smooth delivery of services. This individual is often the first point of contact for our potential clients and provides a warm, welcoming and professional atmosphere.
Pearle Hospitality is looking for candidates in the 519 area code to fill a full time position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the front desk of the Special Events Office, including;
- - Answering all incoming phone & email inquiries in a polite and timely manner
- - Booking restaurant reservations, answering special menu inquiries for large parties
- - Greeting visitors to the office and directing them appropriately as required
- Efficiently and accurately utilize Micros, Opera and OpenTable (the Event and Dining Room software programs)
- Secure appointment times for clients to meet with Special Event Consultants and maintain the events office calendar
- Greet clients at their first visit appointments and gather contact and basic event information prior to their meeting with the Special Event Consultant
- Create Proposals for clients using Opera and provide them with either a digital or hard copy
- Build definite event files and complete the file checklist once a deposit has been received to secure a booking
- Meticulously update event files as necessary with decor information, timing, vendor information, menu selections & special requests
- Confirm House DJ’s, Shuttles & Ceremony Officiants for clients as requested
- Email reminders to clients for important appointments and confirm dates with them for their Menu Tasting, Rehearsal, Final Details Appointment.
- Process deposits, payments and final payments for the events, ensuring all appropriate steps are followed and all relevant paperwork is filed and send to the accounting department
- Assist Special Event Consultants with tours, package information, capacity information & recommended vendor information as requested and as necessary
- Communicate details of each event to FOH and BOH team members by providing copies of the most up to date BEO’s 10 days prior to the event date. Update BEO’s if new information becomes available leading up to the event date.
- Create, proof read, and receive approval for all special event menus prior to printing and providing them to the events team
- Use Microsoft Office Suite as required to create correspondence, signage, menus, spreadsheets, etc.
- Order all office supplies for the events office and management team
- Be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Represent the Special Events Office in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring you are welcoming, accommodating and helpful to all guests and fellow team members
- High school or equivalent a must; post secondary education recommended
- Highly motivated with exceptional customer service skills
- Very well-organized with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks as necessary
- Experience with multi-line phone systems an asset
- Experience in Hospitality and/or Event Planning an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Flexible schedule with availability to work afternoons, evenings and weekends
- Hospitality and/or Event Planning experience an asset