The Assistant General Manager works directly with the General Manager on the management of the daily operations of the property. The AGM will be actively involved in food and beverage service, operations, inventory, costing, hiring, training, and development of employees.
The Assistant General Manager will work collaboratively with the General Manager to consistently improve service standards, develop effective teams, increase efficiencies, and consistently provide an overall great guest experience.
Organized and driven, the ideal candidate for this role is passionate about great food, authentic hospitality, and being apart of a team that is committed to excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and be an example of Cambridge Mill core values by demonstrating genuine and thoughtful hospitality in the day-to-day execution of duties.
- Act as a mentor to service staff, embody a great service culture, and create a high level of service standards and excellence.
- Engage in overall team organization and development: Work directly with the front of house teams (hosts, servers, and support staff).
- Ensure high level of staff engagement
- Assist in completing and conducting employee evaluations/performance reviews
- Assist GM with the management of shifts: daily decision-making, scheduling, and planning, while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Take part in the overall inventory management
- Monitor financial and service performance of the property and keep fully informed of cover counts, average checks, and year over year comparisons.
- Remain fluent in the operation of the POS Systems; End of night reporting, Guest check reporting, etc.
- Maintain proper opening and closing procedures of restaurant
- Ensure consistency of service with clearly defined service standards and work continually at raising the bar to provide the very best guest experience
- Relentlessly pursue the importance of “image “, “attention to detail” and “pride of ownership” to best represent the Pearle Hospitality Brand.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Oversee building maintenance and upkeep
- Be responsible for all inventory of small wares
- Keep informed of current trends in Hospitality, Food and Drink; share knowledge with management, staff and guests
* 6 Years Hospitality Experience Required* *3 Years Management Experience Required*
*Experience in the execution of Special Events such as weddings a definite asset*